We have found that combining the experience of adults and the energy of youth results in an explosion of contagious enthusiasm. Village Project brings ordinary people together to make extraordinary differences. Volunteers are equipped, empowered, and encouraged, reflecting the true strength of community.
- 600+ strong
- Range in age from 2-90 years
- More than 40,000 meals served to over 400 families
- Positive, life-changing effects are experienced by serving others in need
- Each is valued and respected for their individual gifts and talents
- Have the opportunity to grow and learn in our organic garden – Learn more about the garden
- Discover how to plant and harvest herbs and vegetables that are used in our weekly recipes
- Gather flowers that are arranged and delivered as beautiful bouquets to clients with weekly meal delivery
- Make cards, crafts, and gifts for our clients
- Responsible for many beautiful decorations at our annual fundraising gala, Nourish
- Prepare and package meals under the supervision of encouraging adults
Learn more about volunteering in the kitchen
- Develop proficient culinary skills, gain extensive nutritional knowledge
- Learn the importance of kitchen cleanliness (vital to our clients)
- Assist with fundraising events and other vital roles outside the kitchen
Supervising and guiding students, adult volunteers ensure the successful operation of Village Project through:
- Client intake
- Extended care
- Event planning
- Administrative duties and more!
KITCHEN: STUDENT COOKS
The Student Cook’s role is to prepare and package meals for our clients under the supervision of adults.
KITCHEN: ADULT COOKS
The Adult Cook’s role is to equip, encourage, and empower student cooks, under the direction of the Kitchen Manager.
RETAIL: VILLAGE PROJECT MARKET
Volunteer to help work the retail store. Provide excellent customer service when a guest enters the market and check out customers when they purchase items.
Adults and children can help care for our garden plots located in the Bay Village Community Garden.
Delivery Angels have a special role delivering meals to our Clients on a weekly basis.
Help us lift our clients and the entire Village Project organization in prayer.
Recruit and coordinate groups and children wanting to make crafts, cards, and vases for our clients.
Help keep the grounds looking beautiful by helping us weed and cut the grass!
Help keep our building and kitchen clean!
- Event Planning
- Outside Fairs + Markets
- Assist with Fundraising Events
“Volunteering at Village Project is a great opportunity for you to be part of something bigger than yourself and have an incredible effect on the people we serve.”
Joe Talaba, Adult Cook