Communities coming together to bring comfort to those in need.
Volunteers are empowered to utilize their gifts and talents. Stories, smiles and encouragement are shared while performing acts of service; bringing joy, hope, transformation and the healing we all need.
We have found that combining the experience of adults and the energy of youth results in an explosion of contagious enthusiasm. Village Project brings ordinary people together to make extraordinary differences. Volunteers are equipped, empowered, and encouraged, reflecting the true strength of community.
- 600+ strong
- Range in age from 2-90 years
- More than 40,000 meals served to over 400 families
- Positive, life-changing effects are experienced by serving others in need
- Each is valued and respected for their individual gifts and talents
- Have the opportunity to grow and learn in our organic garden
- Discover how to plant and harvest herbs and vegetables that are used in our weekly recipes
- Gather flowers that are arranged and delivered as beautiful bouquets to clients with weekly meal delivery
- Make cards, crafts and gifts for our clients
- Responsible for many beautiful decorations at our annual fundraising gala, Nourish.
High School Students
- Prepare and package meals under the supervision of encouraging adults
- Develop proficient culinary skills, gain extensive nutritional knowledge
- Learn the importance of kitchen cleanliness (vital to our clients)
- Assist with fundraising events and other vital roles outside the kitchen
- Client intake
- Extended care
- Event planning
- Administrative duties and more!
Visit Better Impact to learn more about the following Village Project opportunities that are available.
To get started, you’ll need to first create an account.
- Onboard new clients
- Communicate with clients on a regular basis
- Conduct exit interviews when services conclude
- Graphic Design
- Publicity Distribution
- Social Media
Recruit and coordinate groups and children wanting to make crafts, cards and vases for our clients.
Delivery Angels have a special role delivering meals to our Clients on a weekly basis.
Help edit grants, blogs, and articles.
- Event Planning
- Outside Fairs + Markets
- Assist with Fundraising Events
EXTENDED CARE & SERVICES
- Dog Walking
Help keep our building and kitchen clean!
FINANCIAL & FUNDRAISING SUPPORT
Financial support is always needed to help us continue in our mission of helping our neighbors with cancer.
- Donor Solicitation
- Financial Planning
Help care for our garden plots located in the Bay Village Community Garden.
KITCHEN: ADULT COOKS
The Adult Cook’s role is to equip, encourage, and empower student cooks, under the direction of the Kitchen Manager.
KITCHEN: STUDENT COOKS
The Student Cook’s role is to prepare and package meals for our clients under the supervision of adults.
Help us lift our clients and the entire Village Project organization in prayer.
RETAIL: PROJECT SHOPPE
Volunteer to help work the store.
Help keep the grounds looking beautiful by helping us weed and cut the grass!
“Volunteering at Village Project is a great opportunity for you to be part of something bigger than yourself and have an incredible effect on the people we serve.”
Joe Talaba, Adult Cook