Make way for spring’s renewal by cleaning out the accumulation of toxins in your body. Detoxing both your body and mind is important. You can naturally aid your body’s own detox mechanisms by gettting good sleep and reducing inflammation, which exists at a chronic low-level for most people in today’s modern society.
Physical inflammation induces tension and stress and is prevalent in today’s stressed out society that is addicted to sugar, junk food and demanding schedules. The good news is we have the power to change this. Reducing inflammation in your life provides benefits to the aging process, as well as your health and well-being. Toxins can be reduced by the diet and lifestyle choices you make:
- Reduce fat and sugar in your diet
- Eat organic, natural foods
- Avoid toxins in stale cooking oil and leftovers
- Don’t use tobacco or alcohol
- Avoid or eliminate packaged, junk and fast food
- Take active steps to reduce daily stress
- Practice yoga and begin to meditate
- Avoid situations that trigger toxic emotions such as anger and anxiety
Detoxing your mind is just as important. Old memories, traumas and conditioning that has thrown you into undesirable attitudes and habits constricts your awareness; the best therapy for changing this is anything that allows you to let go, relax and find your true center. Meditation, yoga, therapy, playfulness, loving relationships and a sense of personal security all play important roles.
Begin your renewal by spring cleaning on the inside!