March 19, 2020:
Thanks to each of you for your prayers, help, support, patience and understanding as we seek to continue our mission “To come together as a community of all ages to provide nourishing meals and extended care and service to our neighbors experiencing cancer,” in the midst of these times of uncertainty.
What We’re Doing — Client Support
- For the safety of our clients and volunteers and in line with the directives of the
Governor, the CDC and the board of health, the Village Project facility will be closed on
Thursday, March 19th, until further notice.
- To provide continuing care and support to our clients, beginning Tuesday, April 7th , all clients will receive non-perishable care packages delivered to their homes.
What You Can Do to Help
Providing non-perishable Client Care Packages is considerably more costly than
preparing meals. Please consider helping us offset these costs by doing the following:
- DONATE ITEMS FROM THE NON-PERISHABLES LIST. Since the VP office is closed, the Bay Police Dept. has graciously offered to house a Village Project donation bin in their lobby. Donations may be dropped off at any time.
- Please consider a financial donation if you are able to do so. Any amount is
appreciated. You can donate on-line or mail payment to: Village Project, P.O.
Box 40023 Bay Village, OH 44140.
Check In On Your Friends and Neighbors
While our VP mission is to care for those battling cancer, please remember others who are home and not able to leave the house due to age or compromised immune systems.
- If you are going out, offer to run errands or go grocery shopping for them. You can leave groceries on the doorstep. Give them a phone call or virtual visit to check in and chat.
- Take care of yourself. We all need to keep our own immune systems strong. Eat
healthy, get some exercise – a walk, stretching, or simply giving the floor a good
scrubbing, get plenty of rest, drink lots of water, stay connected to other people. Take
breaks from the news. Focus on what’s positive in our world right now and count your
- Pray – Pray for each other, our nation, our world – for restored health – peace in the
midst of uncertainty. May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in
Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Non-Perishable Donations Needed During Coronavirus Crisis
(All Individual Size, No Bulk Please)
- soups/chili (healthier options preferred)
- canned or boxed broth
- small oatmeal canisters or boxed plain instant oatmeal
- peanut butter
- whole grain pasta
- canned fruit in juice (no heavy syrups)
- dried fruit
- canned tuna
- canned chicken
- protein bars
- sunflower seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- plain popcorn; plain popcorn kernels
- whole wheat pretzels
- multigrain crackers
- brown rice
- fruit preserves
- boxed macaroni and cheese
- boxed “healthier” cereal