September 24, 2020 — Village Project Is 10 Years Old!
From our grass roots beginnings . . .
. . . in the kitchen at Bay Presbyterian Church to our current home located at 27378 West Oviatt Rd. in Bay Village, Ohio, Village Project has brought together more than 600 volunteers of all ages to learn the joy of serving by preparing and delivering more than 35,000 nourishing meals and providing extended care to over 350 families on Cleveland’s west-side who are experiencing cancer.
Village Project provides a vehicle to approach the devastating disease of cancer in a positive, hopeful manner. Our volunteers are empowered to utilize their individual gifts and talents in a corporate, multi-generational setting. Their acts of service bring joy, hope, transformation and the healing we all need. We have discovered that combining the experience of adults with the energetic enthusiasm of youth brings about results that are dynamic and contagious!
While covid-19 has forced us to temporarily adjust our operations, we remain committed to our mission: “To come together as a community of all ages to provide nourishing meals and extended care to our neighbors experiencing cancer.”
We seek to sustain and grow our organization during these challenging times. Until we can once again resume regular operations we strive to continue our mission through utilizing our volunteers and raising much needed funds in creative and safe ways. Our clients continue to be our priority.
Help us celebrate!
Covid may have changed how we operate; but it can’t change who we are and what we have accomplished. There is much to celebrate! Join in the fun. . .
- Watch our exciting video commemorating our past 10 years of service. Coming Soon!
- Follow us on social media and share your stories with us–watch for fun, throwback photos highlighting people and events from our past.
- Visit Project Shoppe items have been discounted up to 80% throughout the SHOPPE – PLUS shoppers will receive and additional 10% off their entire purchases throughout the month of September. You can shop our store online and order ahead with curbside pickup! Or visit us during Shoppe hours.
- Purchase a commemorative coaster set. Stay tuned for details.
- If you are able, please consider donating $10 to assist us in continuing our mission for another 10 years and beyond. Your support will be a true gift to so many!
- Volunteer and get involved! Learn how you can help support our mission.
. . . to all of our donors, volunteers, community members and families, as well as local businesses and staff who have supported us over the past decade. Over the years, our accomplishments continue to grow. We have expanded our facilities twice, cultivated our own organic garden plots, opened a specialty retail shoppe, offered educational and cooking classes, and most importantly continue to come together to provide for our increasing client base. We are grateful to each and every person involved!