Village Project is looking for a qualified individual to join our team!
We are looking for an experienced bookkeeper familiar with QuickBooks to handle basic daily and weekly bookkeeping functions. Hours are somewhat flexible. Position requires candidate to work 15 hours in the office on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. This role requires confidentiality, personal tact, excellent organizational skills, integrity, judgment, and initiative.
This position is supervised by the Executive Director in conjunction with the Village Project Board Treasurer. We will be accepting applications for the position through Monday, April 23, 2018. Candidates please send a cover letter expressing why you are interested in working at Village Project and how your experience and skills match the position, along with a current resume, salary requirements, and three professional references with the reference’s name, email address and daytime contact info to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
We will acknowledge receipt of your application and, if we feel you may be a match for this position, we will contact you by April 26, 2018. We apologize that we are unable to communicate personally with each applicant. A job description for the position follows. Please help us spread the word about this by passing this information to anyone you know who may be interested.
Thanks so much for your support of Village Project.
PURPOSE: Oversee Village Project Financials to ensure operations are accurate, secure, and legal.
MAJOR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Update and maintain appropriate and secure financial record systems
b. Financial portion of Data Base
c. Hard files as needed
d. Oversee integration and ongoing compatibility of QuickBooks and Data Base
2. Accounts Payable and Receivable
a. Pay all expenses
b. Deposit receivables
c. Acknowledge all gifts
d. Reconcile statements
a. Provide VP Board Treasurer monthly financial reports
b. Work closely with CPA advisor in completing tax forms and audits
c. Assist with the development and completion of Annual Report
d. Provide financial, donor, and fundraising reports as needed
4. Budgeting and Fiscal responsibility
a. Work with Board Treasurer and Executive Director to develop and adhere to annual budget
b. Review expenses and take steps to ensure non-taxable and discount rates have been secured
a. Train, oversee, and encourage those working with financial aspect of data base
b. Recruit, train, and coordinate those helping with financial elements of fundraisers
1. Understanding of and passion for Village Project Mission, Vision, and Ideals
2. Experienced and proficient in the use of QuickBooks
3. General familiarity with data bases and willingness to learn DonorPro and Salsa Engage
4. Proficient in the use of Google Docs
2. Self-starter – ability to work independently and make decisions under time constraints
3. Positive and encouraging to staff and volunteers
4. Direct and constructive when addressing conflict
5. Ability to be flexible, adjust and embrace the changes of a growing non-profit
TIME REQUIREMENTS: 15 hours per week
1. All work hours spent in VP facility on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday unless special approval is
granted by supervisor
2. Work during two major fundraisers: NOURISH and Project Pedal
3. Attend special events when available
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports directly to the Executive Director who will conduct annual reviews and